- From: Crestline Advocate December
- Followed the Wedding of this
- Shelby Globe Dec 17, 1901
- Cecelia Bissell was granted
a divorce Saturday from William Bissell. The pair, it will be
remembered were married on the bridge here that collapsed while
the ceremony was being performed on July 4, 1898.
- Mrs. Bissell charged her husband
with cruelty, habitual drunkenness and failure to provide. He
lives in Cleveland at present. Mrs. Bissell resides in East Crestline.
R.B. McCroy was attorney for the plaintiff. The divorce was granted
by Judge Wolfe.
- There were many people in
Shelby who predicted a bad ending to the above marriage when
it was made. They contended that the falling of the bridge was
only the beginning of the disaster that would follow the couple
- for being parties to a public
- by Mr. Kim Butler Histed.